Thursday, February 17, 2011

Anchorage!!!

So, on Tuesday February 1st it was decided that I would fly with by good friend Marissa to her home in Alaska. She was traveling home with her two young children and needed the help. (and Alaska was the only state I hadn't been to!) I mostly spent time with Marissa and her family and visited with my cousins who live in Anchorage. They took me to some great places and I can't wait to go back and see more. I am going to mostly tell this story in pictures. 



Arriving at the airport in Anchorage. (my only bear sighting in Alaska :-(

2am my first moments outdoors in Alaska. Snow!!!!

Going to the commissary for groceries, I don't mind the cold at all. 

My cousins Skie (and her friend) and Kirstie (and her husband Toranzo) and me eating pizza.

I swear I don't know how Marissa kitchen got like this, but it must be time to organize!!

hmmm, maybe I will continue on to the garage...

Ben joined us to sort all the outdoor gear.

Taking a break from organizing to sing some love songs.

 
Except the pile of trash destined for the dumpster... All clean!


My adorable little first-cousin-once-removed: Tat2

 My Cousin  Kirstie and me up near Flat Top Mountain, overlooking all of Anchorage
 My Cousin Skie and me, it was really really really cold!!


Tat2 and Afton becoming friends at the Bowling alley

I just couldn't get enough of either of them!

The cousins all together for the first time in 10 years.





Top of the day to ya mate!

This is the look Afton makes when it is cold outside.

hanging out with the kids; Afton and Anker



The night I left, -9 degrees!!

1 comment:

  1. You're incredible...Always going there and there, you are never tired..it's a pleasure for me to have seen Kirstie, her husband and child. Kisses from Belgium (hum remember the beers and the pralines) Anne

    ReplyDelete