Monday, September 6, 2010

I leave in 4 days!!

so last night I bought a sim card so I can use my iphone in Belgium. I am going to mostly try to use Skype (so if you have it, contact me) but this way I have a backup.
I also climbed Mt. Mcloughlin with Kenny yesterday. It was awesome but wow I am tired. 5.5 miles up, and the last mile was scrambling over rocks and up a steep gravel slope.  The 360 degree view from the top was incredible, you could see Medford, Mt. Shasta, table rock, Mt. Ashland, and the rim of Crater Lake. Plus being surrounded by green trees and blue lakes all close by. The way back down was cold and tough on the knees but we made good time and overall we hiked 11 miles in less than 7 hours.
Today I woke up stressing about what goes in the backpack, so as soon I get home tomorrow I am going to start throwing stuff in the bag.
now I am off to look up European geography. . . .
Kenny & me with Mt Shasta in the background.


View from the top. The ridge we climbed up & Klamath lake in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment