Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Brussels (day14)

My bed and belongings in the hostel in Brussels


My location at 3am on the way back from Austria (I think I was somewhere in Germany)

Enjoying some great Belgian food. (I have no idea what it was, but it was good.)

A view of the Brussels skyline looking towards the "Grand Place"

Beer in a vending machine in the train station, it doesn't get better than that.

Tuesday day 14
We arrived in Brussels at 10:30 and I walked to the hostel right away to check in and leave my backpack in a locker. I spent the day wandering around seeing many of the main attractions; I saw manequin piss, a cool arch, the meuseum quater, the offices of the European Union, the old zoo, the grand place, and a few more churches. I also ate fries and a Belgian waffle. At 6 I went back to the hostel to take a shower, do laundry, and get settled in my room. In the evening I met up with Dan who I met inBruges last week and we had a few beers with his friend and walked around the grand place. Brussels is pretty all lit up at night.

Wednesday day 15-
I woke up at 7 and slipped out if my room, I ate a quick breakfast and repacked my bag then headed out. I was staying near the north station but I needed to meet my cousin at the south station. I felt lake walking and seeing more of the city so I walked there instead of going from the closer station, then I rode the train with my cousin, Jaquies to Soignies. We visited her mother and my other great aunt, both in elderly homes there. Around 3 her brother, Roland, came and picked us up to take us to my great uncles house. ( he lives in a house passed down 4 generations on my grandmothers side) my cousin Roland recounted many tales of old family members, the house and my mother and her siblings (he has a lot of dirt on them. In the evening I caught a train to visit my god-mother in Charlerois. She made dinner for me and we caught up a bit, she hardly speaks English but her boyfriend understands some.


Me with my Great Aunt Paulette

Tasting an unknown fruit in my Great Uncles backyard despite the warnings of my cousin Roland

A Beautiful sunset seen from the Petre yard in Neufville

Me, My great uncle Gabby, and my cousin Jaquies
with my godmother, Maggy in her garden

A appetizer to our lunch that maggy made.


More great family and great adventures!! I really don't want to come home in 10 days. But I know I will be back. And I will know more french next time :-)


The Grand Place at night

No comments:

Post a Comment